From Your Teacher...
King Academy Webpages
Check out this video from your teachers.
- Added March 23
- Mrs. Conte reads Not A Box by Antoinette Portis
- Social Emotional Learning
- Practice Mental Health - Do 1 thing in every circle, everyday
- Talking to Children About Covid-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Speech Therapy
- List of Ideas for Being Home with Kids
- Learn At Home Resources
- Detroit Zoo - Virtual Vitamin Z
- Virtual Field Trips
- More Virtual Field Trips
- Science Experiments to try at home
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - Everyday at 1:00pm
- Virtual PreSchool - Everyday at 11:00am on Facebook Live
- Scholastic Learn at Home - READING and OTHER AREAS
- Switcheroo Zoo - Watch, listen and play games to learn all about amazing animals.
- National Geographic for Kids - Learn all about geography and fascinating animals.
- Into the Book - Go "into the book" to play games that practice reading strategies.
- Seussville - Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss and his friends.
- ABCYa - Practice math and reading skills all while playing fun games!
- Fun Brain - Play games while practicing math and reading skills.
- PBS Kids - Hand out with your favorite characters all while learning.
- Star Fall - Practice your phonics skills with these read-along stories.
- Storyline Online - Have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars.
- Highlights Kids - Read, play games, and conduct cool science experiments.
- ABC Mouse, Early Learning Academy - (Use Code: SCHOOL4638) for children in Preschool through 2nd grade
- Reading IQ - (Use Code: SCHOOL4638) for children in Preschool through 6th grade
- Free Educational Websites for Kids - Parents are encouraged to use their best judgment when selecting a website for their children
Television Resources - Parents are encouraged to use their best judgment selecting a show for their Children
- 150+ Educational YouTube Channels
- 150+ Educational shows to stream on Netflix
- 100+ Educational shows on Amazon Prime
- 130+ Educational shows on Hulu
Instructional Resources for TEACHERS
- Mount Clemens Food Service will provide meals at these locations:
- Mount Clemens High School / Middle School (155 Cass Ave., Mount Clemens, MI 48043)
- Seminole Academy (1500 Mulberry St., Mount Clemens, MI 48043)
- Pick up times are 10:30am to 1:30pm. Four meals will be available on Mondays and Wednesdays. Two meals will be available on Fridays. In an effort to practice social distancing, a staff member will provide the number of meals requested on a cart to take. Meals will be available near the designated Meet Up and Eat Up signs.
- Free Food Resources
EveryoneOn is a national nonprofit that creates social and economic opportunities by connecting everyone to the internet. Since 2012, EveryoneOn has facilitated access to affordable technology solutions--in-home internet service, desktops and laptops--and free digital literacy training through their offer locator tool, cross-sector partnerships, and local programming efforts. Please note, while normally our recommended first stop in learning about available options and offerings, they are currently unable to maintain their search for offers listings based on changing Internet Service Providers’ (ISPs) offers during this time period. They suggest visiting http://bit.ly/digcltisp, which houses links to offers by various ISPs.
Some known local area ISPs and their most recent offers as well as information about Lifeline are listed below
AT&T (Click Here) or call: 855-220-5211
Comcast (Click Here) or call: 855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376)
Comcast has recently increased the speeds of its Internet Essentials home internet service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps. Additionally, eligible households who enroll now will be provided with free service for their first 60 days. More information can be viewed at https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/internet-essentials-low-income-broadband-coronavirus-pandemic. As a reminder, Internet Essentials provides a $9.95 per month home internet service exclusively to low-income households.
Comcast is also making its Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots free for anyone to use. Millions of the hotspots are scattered throughout the country; you can find hotspot locations at wifi.xfinity.com.
Sprint (Click Here) or call: 877-878-9359
Sprint and T-Mobile are supporting current customers by:
Spectrum is offering FREE Internet Access to qualifying homes with student or teachers call 1-844-488-8398 to enroll.
Limited time offer; subject to change. Two (2) free months Internet and WiFi service available to households with students or teachers requiring remote education or instruction at the service address. Valid to qualified residential customers who have not subscribed to Internet services within the previous 30 days and have no outstanding obligation to Charter. Free months will be applied as a bill credit. Offer applies to speeds up to 200 Mbps.
MDHHS Pathways to Potential Success Coaches Mark Heitman and Holly Edleston will be available to students and families during the school closures. We will be available by the phone numbers and emails listed below Monday-Friday 8:30am-4pm. While we will not physically be in the schools, any families/students can contact us and anything that cannot be handled via phone or email, we can make arrangements to meet on a case by case basis. We want to continue to be able to support the families and students of Mt. Clemens Community Schools with any resources that we can during this time.
Henry Ford Health Clinic will be offering services via Telehelp. If you are in need of medical assistance you can call:
Tanesha Lowery / (313) 953-2483 / Family Nurse Practitioner,
Laura / 586-307-4901 / Therapist.
Nurse Triage Line / 844-262-1949 / Recommendations for Treatment and/or Care