Mount Clemens Optimist Club
Optimist International’s mission is to foster an optimistic way of life, through a network of optimists, dedicated to the full development of their potential in order to provide ever-expanding service to youth, the community and the world.
2021 ESSAY CONTEST
Our Regular Meetings are on the 2nd and 4th Thursday’s of each month at 7p.m. Meetings are held in various places in the Downtown Mount Clemens Area. Check Facebook posts for updated meeting information.
The Optimist Club hosts a Road Rally Fundraiser, an Essay Contest, an Oratorical Contest and sponsor soapbox derby cars in the Mount Clemens Grand Prix.
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.